On this page you will find a variety of education materials which have been provided by members of the ELS for other members to use in their work of training and education.
The materials come from a variety of sources and are in different formats. They are free to use and amend and we hope that they will be useful for those making presentations in church law to clergy, churchwardens and others. However please bear in mind the following:
- The presentations and information cannot be guaranteed as accurate in the light of changes and amendments to the law and regulations.
- It is your responsibility to check accuracy and make the necessary changes.
Much of the material still contains the headers and links relevant to a particular diocese or registry. These will need to be changed.
- If you produce a new presentation using the material offered here we would be grateful to receive a copy (via the ELS Administrator) so that we can continue to offer resources to members.
- If you wish to contribute a presentation that you already have we would be pleased to receive it.
- Please acknowledge the ELS and its education work as part of your presentation.
- Diocesan Registry Clergy Training (Guildford, 2017)
- Diocesan Registry Churchwarden Training (Ely, 2017)
- Essential Legal and Professional Information for Clergy (Lichfield, 2017) – revised
- Obligations & Legalities of Incumbency (Southwark, 2016)
- Churchwardens’ Induction Handbook (Lichfield, 2017)
- Churchwardens, PCCs, and the Law (Lichfield, 2017)
- IME 6 – Legal Frameworks for Ministry (Manchester, 2016)