Lecture and conference papers from recent years can be downloaded below. In 2020 and 2021 our events took place online, and recordings of most can be seen on our Youtube channel.
These papers accompanied recent lectures to the Society. We are grateful to the lecturers for giving permission.
- The Faculty Jurisdiction (Amendment) Rules 2019 by Mark Hill QC, Chairman of the Society. This paper was made available following the unavoidable cancellation of the lecture in April 2020.
- Safeguarding in Church and State over the last 50 years, or ‘From Ball and Banks to Beech via Bell’ by His Honour Peter Collier QC, Retired Senior Circuit Judge & Honorary Recorder of Leeds; Former Deputy High Court Judge (Family Division). Accompanying the lecture delivered 29 January 2020.
- Five Faculty Cases from the City by Philip Petchey, Barrister, Chancellor of the Diocese of Southwark. Accompanying the lecture delivered 10 January 2018.
- The Faculty Jurisdiction Rules 2015: all change (again?) by Charles Mynors PhD, Barrister, Chancellor of the Diocese of Worcester. Accompanying the lecture delivered 27 January 2016.
- Powerpoint Slides from the 2021 Day Conference, ‘The Solemnization of Matrimony: past, present and Future’
- Church and State in the 21st Century – the challenges of establishment for parochial clergy: a reflection by the Rt Revd Graham James from the 2019 Residential Conference
- The Practice and Politics of Establishment – Sir William Fittall from the 2019 Residential Conference
- A weak established church – Prof Grace Davies from the 2019 Residential Conference
- The Nature and Diversity of Authority in Anglicanism – 2017 Residential Conference