24 October 2018, 10:30 - 15:30
Minerva House, 5 Montague Close, London SE1 9DF
A study day for all those responsible for encouraging, enabling and supporting the vocation and ministry of Churchwardens in today’s church.
Cost £20.00 for ELS members: £25.00 for non-members
- Simon Baker, Archdeacon of Lichfield
- Stuart Beake, former Archdeacon of Surrey
- Norman Boakes, Archdeacons’ National Executive Officer
- Stephen Borton, Ecclesiastical Manager, Lee Bolton Monier-Williams
- Mark Hill QC, Chairman of the Ecclesiastical Law Society
- Andrea Russell, Tutor at the Queen’s Foundation, Birmingham
A range of topics around Churchwardens and the Law will be considered during day, including:
- An ordered church and the ministry of Churchwardens
- The legal responsibilities of Churchwardens
- Resources for training Churchwardens in their responsibilities
- The evolving role of Churchwardens
- Implications of up-coming changes to law and regulation
Tickets are available on this site until the venue reaches capacity, or 48 hours before the event. After that time, please contact the society Administrator to request a late ticket or to enquire about a waiting list.
Bookings are closed for this event.